Based in San Mateo, CA
Jan 14, 2016 (Early Access)
Windows / Mac / Linux
Slime Rancher is the tale of Beatrix LeBeau, a plucky, young rancher who sets out for a life a thousand light years away from Earth on the 'Far, Far Range' where she tries her hand at making a living wrangling slimes. With a can-do attitude, plenty of grit, and her trusty vacpack, Beatrix attempts to stake a claim, amass a fortune, and avoid the continual peril that looms from the rolling, jiggling avalanche of slimes around every corner.
Each day will present new challenges to players as they attempt to amass a great fortune in the business of slime ranching. While players are free to approach these challenges however they wish, a typical day might look like this:
Next, you're off to feed slimes their breakfast over at the slime corrals so they don't get too out of hand during the day. Hungry slimes get jumpy. Jumpy slimes can't be contained.
With your ranch set for the day, it's time to begin exploring the untamed wilds of the Far, Far Range. Along the way, you'll encounter slimes you've never seen before, discover a new type of veggie to cultivate back at the ranch, and narrowly avoid certain doom in a valley of burly, feral slimes.
With the sun setting, it's time to head back to the ranch, rustle up some dinner for your slimes, and try and figure out just how the heck you'll keep these new slimes that seem to, well, explode all the time.
But you can do this. You had the courage to travel a thousand light years away from home to make a living as a slime rancher. Slimes that go boom? No problem. Slimes that burn with a radioactive aura? Bring it on. Slimes that wiggle their butts? Wait, do slimes even have butts?
Let's get ranching.
Slime Rancher is the first game being developed by Monomi Park.
- Vacuum things up and shoot them out: gameplay driven by two simple actions
- Manage a bustling eco-system of slimes who have wants, needs, and emotions that drive their behavior
- Customize your ranch however you choose with slimes, corrals, gardens, silos, and more
- Grow crops and raise chickens back on the ranch or forage in the wilds of the Far, Far Range
- Use slime science to combine and create new slime species
- Embrace total freedom to choose where to explore, which slimes to ranch, and how you'll stake your claim